Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Stand in politik and religion

MY STAND in politik and religion

I remain apolitical at all time…since I was 10 or as far as I can remember.

I remain in full support of the government in the country and the political party championing it, ie UMNO. So that I would not run afoul of the Hadis that warns muslims against fighting with the ruling body of muslims. I have lived the life of malays (muslims) during the period before merdeka, and the period after merdeka, and I am and always will be in full appreciation of what UMNO and the government had done to uplift all aspects of living of the Malays and the standard of the religion. People who stand againt UMNO and the government citing misdoings of the officebearers in party and by government officials are in my view mistaking the trees from the forest, as the saying goes. As you compare the progresses of countries in similar situations and predicaments as our country you will not fail to recognise a vast difference in the successes the country has achieved todate as compared to those others.

I hold on to the concept of Ahlul_sunnah_wal jamaah..ie I hold the Quran and the Hadis as my guidance in my religion at all time. In Islam I am mostly aligned with the mazhab as_syafiee except for those that Syafiee himself has decreed that I should follow otherwise, as per his saying: ‘should one ever come across a hadis that contradicts my fatwa, than the matter determined by the hadis is my fatwa..and what I said should be disregarded’.

As I hold the Quran dan Sunnah as supreme in my believe in Islam, than the matter concerning the laws of Hudud as specified in the Quran and outlined by the Hadis are laws that I regarded as must be implemented in the country. If the government could not, for whatever reason, implement the islamic hudud laws, I hold the view that they (the UMNO leaders themselves) being muslims shall bear responsibility for its non implementation. As said earlier that will not howsoever deter me from continuing my support for the ruling organisation.

I hold to the view that the country is not run on a secular system per see…secular system of government which is adopted in the west implies separation of religion and the state. The country in fact is governed mimicking the secular system. Islam being the official religion of the country and the religion of the ruling party UMNO couldn’t be following the system that stood for alienating christianity with the worldly affairs of the state, as the Islamic religion governs the entire life of a follower. Islam the religion is the umbrella that covers all aspects of life, whereas the aspect of governing is a matter of activity of livelihood similar to one’s activity in trade and other aspects of living. All such activities are always and remain subject to the rules and regulations of the religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

accutane